Guardiana, The SEGA Retro Kingdom

# Let's talk SEGA consoles and games! #

You are not logged in.

#1 07/11/2005 22:27:49

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

Some Japanese non-game carts

OK, here's some info on a couple of other Japanese non-game carts smile

Sega Game Library [aka Game Toshokan] (JP, Sega, G-4503, 1990)
This is simply the operating software for the Mega Modem, and allowed a Japanese gamer to connect to Sega's servers. There were no games on the cart itself (I think) but various titles like the Phantasy Star Text Adventure were available once connected to the servers. These games were later compiled on the Sega Games Can 1 & 2 MegaCD releases.
More info here and here, and here's a pic for the DB:
mdsegagamelibraryjp0pn.jpg

Mega Anser (JP, Sega, G-????, 1990)
answer_sys.jpg

It's a home-banking system that Sega developed with the Nagoya bank, and used the Mega Modem and the rare 10-Key Controller (which looks kinda like a remote-control). It was only sold in an expensive pack which also included the MegaDrive and the 10-Key Controller. There is also a MD Printer that it was compatible with, but that was sold seperately and is extremely rare.

(more info here and here)

Nagoya Home Banking System Nice-kun Mini Desu (JP, Nagoya, G-????, 199?)
nagoya22zb.jpg
This is basically Nagoya's own version of the Mega Anser cart - it has a different  box cover and cart label, but as you can see in the picture above (from a Yahoo Japan auction), it was packaged with the Mega Anser manual (the one in the auction sold for 101,000 yen!).
Apparently the only difference is that when you turn the cart on, this one shows the Nagoya logo instead of Sega's. Here's a smaller pic for the DB smile
nagoya2qz.jpg

Wonder MIDI (JP, Victor, RG-MD1, 1992)
This was released by Victor alongside their original WonderMega RG-M1. It allows you to use a MegaDrive as a MIDI terminal, and record music from various sources :?
The MIDI-function was removed from later versions of the WonderMega (RG-M2, Sega, X'Eye), so this is only compatible with the original units.
You can see the box in this pic:
wmidia.jpg
And here's a bad Google translation of a Japanese page with some info.

Wonder Library (JP, Victor, RG-ED1, 1993)
I'm guessing this is similar to the "Wondermega Collection" CD, but aside from this I have no idea about this one, other than it being extremely rare.
There's a pic of it in this ad:
wliba.jpg

smile

#2 07/11/2005 22:34:13

GuGuGamno
Label Rouge

Re: Some Japanese non-game carts

waouh great work!
that could be a special file for guardiana!

Anybody for a translation!!

Is it your own work, could we create a special file for that?

I didn't heard about wondermidi!
Do you know more about sansan, is it a real game or is this a non-game cartridge too?

#3 07/11/2005 22:36:25

Ptitcerf

Great work. We'll add this item in the future Hardware database  big_smile

#4 07/11/2005 22:45:30

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

waouh great work!
that could be a special file for guardiana!

Anybody for a translation!!

Is it your own work, could we create a special file for that?

I didn't heard about wondermidi!
Do you know more about sansan, is it a real game or is this a non-game cartridge too?

Hehe, thanks! I wrote that up myself, but most of the info was pulled from other sources (I linked the best ones).

I think SanSan allowed the user to play in an online Go league or something. It's still running today (although played over the internet instead), and the website for it is http://sansan.co.jp. I might have some pics somewhere, I'll see what I can find... wink

#5 07/11/2005 22:48:57

cyberguile
Les Collectionneurs Névrosés.

I'll have to ask Adol if he can provide pics of those (I think he's got all of these shits  lol )

#6 07/11/2005 22:50:25

GuGuGamno
Label Rouge

lol

expansives shits cyberguile!!!

#7 07/11/2005 23:06:02

mariaud
Canard adoré :)

rarities ;p
mais si quelqu'un a des trucs aussi peu trouvables c'est bien lui

#8 11/11/2005 21:03:48

Adol
L'intégral MD Jap !

Je les ai bien oui...Nagoya Home Banking System Nice-kun Mini Desu, le logiciel Mega Anser,le Wonder Library,le Sega Modem Library,il ne manque dans cette liste que le Wonder Midi,mais je ne sais pas si c'etaitr vendu separement ou incoropore dans les bundles Wonde Mega,auxquels cas il faudrait que j'aille verifier si j'en ai pas un ( vu que je les ai complets en boite )
Ya San San de pas courant aussi oui,et donc le Nikkei Pro Yakyu Van...apres ce sont des jeux pirates & autres samples ( Gunstar Heroes,Dynamite Headdy par exemple.. )

#9 12/11/2005 08:30:05

GuGuGamno
Label Rouge

adol, je t'avais déjà contacté à ce sujet, tu pourrai nous donner plus d'info sur tes samples , combien en existe-t-ils? pour quels jeux?nombre d'exemplaires, contenu, num de série photo?bref des infos quand t'as le temps de mater ça!

d'avance merci

#10 12/11/2005 10:43:10

Adol
L'intégral MD Jap !

Sega Game Library ce n'est pas tres rare,j'en ai meme un à revendre...je garde le "gros coffret" qui contient lui ce jeu + le modem proprement dit ( qui existe aussi vendu par sega en version "seule"

Nagoya Home Banking System Nice-kun Mini Desu existe surement à tres peu d'exemplaires,tout comme le Mega Anser (en fait j'ai le logiciel surement "extirpé" du packaging complet,mais je n'ai jamais mis la main sur la machine Mega Anser proprement dite ),et vaut 100000 yens...il n'a pas de numero de serie
En revanche le logiciel Mega Anser en a un,le G-4002 ou G-4502 il me semble..il n'a pas de "notices" car elles etaient fourni dans le packaging ( mais j'ai eu les notices mega anser avec mon Nagoya Home Banking )

Nikkan Sports Pro Yakyô Van n'est pas courant non plus,quelques centaines d'exemplaires tout au plus...

San San est aussi rare,c'est un jeu de Go qui se joue par Modem aussi

en fait tous ces jeux/logiciels se jouaient soit par modem,soit ils servaient à l'utilisation du Mega Anser (système de banque par téléphone)...j'ai d'ailleurs le "ten key pad" pour le Mega Anser,servant à taper des chiffres/codes secrets je suppose...mais le Mega Anser,donc une imprimante en soi,je n'ai pas sad

#11 12/11/2005 16:59:02

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

Adol - avez-vous "Go Net"?  (je pense qu'il est comme SanSan, mais par Sega)

#12 12/11/2005 17:21:56

Adol
L'intégral MD Jap !

Unfortunately no..do you? Any pictures?

I'm getting San San though..and i still have my 100000 yens Nagoya Home Banking smile

#13 12/11/2005 20:04:21

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

All I've seen is this one pic:

gonetcart28ze.jpg

This Japanese page also mentions it: http://www.yo.rim.or.jp/~hiramatu/gonet.html

#14 12/11/2005 23:17:01

Adol
L'intégral MD Jap !

It seems to not be a released game,but a game created by this company,playable only in their "centre",with sessions ( 10 with MD system,3 with Famicom, some with MSX.. )...

#15 13/11/2005 23:37:22

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

Hmm, interesting. I guess that means any carts that do still exist will be extremely to get hold of... wink

#16 12/12/2005 02:06:04

radar

Can someone add these carts to the Database so if we add our collections under our profiles we can select them? 

In my case I actually own a copy of "Wonder Library", so I can provide the details + scans etc.

Or is the database for games only?

#17 12/12/2005 19:00:47

Ptitcerf

We will add these carts into the Hardware database, coming soon smile (perhaps during the christmas vacations)

#18 12/12/2005 19:54:57

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

But the carts themselves are software, even if they're not games  :?
Personally I'd support adding these into the main database and just non-cartridge items in the hardware DB, but naturally, you guys have the final word... wink

#19 12/12/2005 20:25:40

Ptitcerf

okay, I'll add "Software" in the genre soon, and we'll be able to add the non game cart 8)

#20 13/12/2005 10:42:32

Ptitcerf

Added the first. Its okay for you guys ?  tongue
http://www.guardiana.net/database/?id=1239

Board footer