Guardiana, The SEGA Retro Kingdom

# Let's talk SEGA consoles and games! #

You are not logged in.

#1 09/11/2005 18:17:37

cyberguile
Les Collectionneurs Névrosés.

Welcome on board !

Collectors, hardcore gamers or just megadrive basis fans from all over the world, welcome aboard !
Our main goal on guardiana is to create the most complete and comprehensive megadrive database of the world  8)  (  lol ).
We are working hard for this but I must admit we reached a point from where it begins to become more and more difficult to progress alone.
So we need your help  8) , that's why I asked ptitcerf (our beloved webmaster) to open an english sub-forum so as many people as possible can come and support us. And as usual, when I ask him something, this sub-forum was created a few hours later.
For the moment, we are working on a list of anything we can find released by Samsung in Korea. I've got a contact in south korea who kindly helps us to identify games from pictures I have found on korean board.
Afterwards, we are planning to open a hardware database and also focus on brasilian software with the help of bonacorsi from http://www.gamesbrazil.com/index.htm and Arthur Cruz, a brasilian collector.
You can find our game database here:
http://www.guardiana.net/database/

If you've got any information that you think is missing or know about some obscure never released games, feel free to post on the forums !
Also, do not hesitate to create an account on "my guardiana" (the account on the forum is not same than on the site) and present us your megadrive collection. For example, anagrama's collection can be seen here:
http://www.guardiana.net/members.php?id=96
To subscribe: http://www.guardiana.net/site/inscription.php (login, password, retype password, email)

We are also working on an english version of the website.
If someone feels motivated to become our "english webmaster", let us know ! So we could start thinking about a portuguese, a japanese and a korean version (yes, we are totally mad  lol )

#2 09/11/2005 18:32:28

Re: Welcome on board !

Hehe - I'm honoured to be chosen as an example wink

What would be involved in the English webmaster role? I may be willing to take it on, but I don't really know any html or web-design...

#3 09/11/2005 18:33:38

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

Ah crap, that was me - didn't realise you had Guest posting turned on here wink

#4 09/11/2005 18:38:39

cyberguile

Hum, good you make me notice this: you don't need to subscribe to post in this part of the forum  :oops:
For the english webmaster, well, I just don't know lol.
I suppose searching the english version of the site for pages that should be in english but are still in french.
Of course, we won't be able to convert all the news, tests and whatever but maybe in a near future start to write articles in english?

#5 09/11/2005 18:41:51

Ptitcerf

And as usual, when I ask him something, this sub-forum was created a few hours later.

Euh, please, I am in the university, I work, me, I'm not always face to the computer ! :twisted:

If someone feels motivated to become our "english webmaster", let us know !

I never said I search an english webmaster, I'm happy to be the only Webmaster. But help will be apreciated in the future to make english reviews for example, or translations of existing reviews.

#6 09/11/2005 18:47:41

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

I never said I search an english webmaster, I'm happy to be the only Webmaster. But help will be apreciated in the future to make english reviews for example, or translations of existing reviews.

Totally understood - I certainly wouldn't want to threaten your position, with all the work you've done here wink

I'd probably be willing to do this - large translations might be tricky, but I'd be willing to help wherever I can smile

#7 09/11/2005 18:50:56

cyberguile

That's why I've put "english webmaster" and not english webmaster  :twisted:

#8 12/11/2005 03:29:03

Hello, My name is Chilli Thunder. I saw Cyberguile's post on the Australian forum http://forums.hyperactive.com.au

I have joined and have listed my game collection but I am unsure if I have put them in the correct category / country release.

If I have put them in the wrong section please let me know and I will fix that.

Also I have 2 PAL games that I could not find on your list.

If you would like I don't mind scan ning  carts, covers or manuals or serial numbers. I have include my msn spaces address, where I have images of covers already. If I can help out send me a message. big_smile

#9 12/11/2005 09:44:04

Ptitcerf

Welcome Chilli Thunder.

Wich are the 2 PAL games missing ?

#10 12/11/2005 12:33:25

cyberguile

Welcome chili !
I saw that you have got the punisher, nice one  8)
Do not hesitate to make some advertisement on over australian boards  big_smile

#11 12/11/2005 17:03:36

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

Welcome aboard, Chilli! smile

I'd imagine that you may have several Australian versions of games that we only currently have listed as European - anything with the Australian ratings stickers ('G+' etc) or with a slightly different cover should really have a seperate entry. smile

#12 14/11/2005 17:19:22

I've just created a thread plugging Guardiana over at Digital Press (here), so hopefully that should attract some more interested members from around the world... smile

#13 14/11/2005 17:20:46

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

(oops. Forgot to log in again!  :oops: )

#14 14/11/2005 17:31:00

mariaud
Canard adoré :)

great smile

#15 14/11/2005 17:51:56

Ptitcerf

Cool  big_smile

#16 14/11/2005 18:52:14

destiny
Rédacteur

Thanks for the help.  wink
I hope all of this will help us to complete the database and increase Guardiana's fame over the world.  8)

Edit : I have secretly upped the topic.  lol

#17 14/11/2005 21:47:17

cyberguile

I hope BIG collectors such as DreamTR will come and visit us  :oops:

#18 16/11/2005 18:05:47

anagrama
cosmic spacehead

A quick welcome to TonyB80 - from the collection entered so far, it looks like we've got another big player on board here (and that, at this rate, I'm going to be knocked down to #3! wink ) http://www.guardiana.net/members.php?id=115

#19 16/11/2005 18:45:07

cyberguile

Welcome tonyB80 !
I think I'll have to buy some more kilos of japanese games in the next months  lol

#20 16/11/2005 19:38:49

GuGuGamno
Label Rouge

Welcome in your new house wink

Board footer